Saturday, January 4, 2014

The BEST faux tan EVER!

I was unfortunate enough to inherit my fathers pale, PALE skin. I always tell my husband that my skin would be a sight for sore eyes in the 1800's, however I was born in the 90's where tan skin and beach blonde hair trump any freckle-free pale beauty. I don't know about you readers, but I have tried my fair share of tanning lotion. I have fought these pasty legs for years now, I've experienced streaking so bad my legs looked like candy canes. I have also sat scrubbing in the shower for a good hour trying to get the oompa loompa look off my arms. I've been orange, striped, brown, black, orange, yellow and orange. But never have I found a tanning lotion that looked somewhat natural until I found this miracle in a tube. It goes on fairly pigmented so you can nip any noticeable streaks in the bud before they settle into your skin for several days. It also goes on with a brown pigment instead of orange so there is no noticeable fake orange look which you would get with most other tanning lotions. Another thing I have really enjoyed about this product is that I can change the opaqueness during the application process by simply adding normal lotion to the mixture. Like all tanning lotions, it is not completely odorless, in fact my husband can tell when I have used it even hours after it has dried. It is the most normal smelling tanning lotion I have used, but still, there is a price to pay when avoiding harmful rays and still getting a glorious tan. The tan comes in two colors Light/Medium and Medium/Dark. I use the lighter one in the winter and the darker one in the summer when my skin has a bit more of a base tan. The down side: it doesn't last for more than a day or two. With that being said, I think this product is definitely worth a try. I would rather have a good tan that doesn't last forever, than a crappy one that lasts a week. I'll let you be the judge, you can find So Bronze self tanner here.

Tips for use:
After exfoliating and shaving the area, dry thoroughly with a towel. I like to apply a small amount of unpigmented lotion to my rougher/dry areas (i.e. knees, ankles, knuckles, elbows). Then take a small portion of tanning lotion in hand and apply to desired area. The trick here is rubbing it in with an even amount of pressure. You wont have long to get it even before it starts to dry in place so try not to play with it, the more you rub it around the messier tan you will get. IF you see any noticeable streaks after the point of no return, then get an old towel and gently buffer the streaky areas until it appears smooth and even. Wash palms immediately with soap and water. Let the tan air dry before putting any clothes on. Any stains that may get on your clothes should come out in the wash, but you should wait a few minutes just to play it safe. Lastly, enjoy your gorgeous golden tan.

No comments:

Post a Comment