Thursday, January 9, 2014

GHD, worth it or not?

I know it is hard to make the call for most of you. $90, $120, $180, is my hair worth that much when I can make a $30 flat iron from Walmart work? Well I've got news for you! A decent flat iron is NOT good enough. Yes, your style might look pretty good, and yes it might last long enough for you to save up for another $30 flat iron, but it does damage your hair. The problem with inexpensive flat irons isn't the price. It is the fact that they don't have the funds for the science, research and technology needed to protect your hair. My current GHD doesn't have a thermal dial because it doesn't need one. Sure if I were really dumb and held it in one spot, it would burn the hair that it was exposed to. But if I use it as directed and slowly move down the shaft of hair it will never burn because the GHD auto adjusts and the temp never goes high enough to burn your hair (if used properly) but is still excellent for styling. The other plus, for you ladies like me that can be forgetful, is that it turns off automatically after 30 minutes of not being used to prevent fires. Pure genius. The plates are extremely nice and your hair doesn't get caught and pulled which prevents split ends. My hair is honestly the healthiest it has ever been since I bought this flat iron last year. Ladies, this retails for $185.00 here at Ulta. I am a firm believer that this can change your hair, so much in fact, that if you are friends or clients I would be happy to get you a discount just contact me for info or leave a comment.





1 comment:

  1. Steph! I love these posts :) soo helpful! do you ever use this straightener to curl your hair??

    ReplyDelete