Tuesday, December 31, 2013

OPI Sand

If there is one thing I know, it's glitter! I love glitter and I dreamed of the day they would put it into nail polish. I have tried several glitter polish combos and almost all of them fall flat. The glitter usually stays in the bottle and you end up polishing your nails with clear polish, it is absurd. OPI Liquid Sand gives a nice even coat of glitter across the nail bed and you could get away with only one coat. HOWEVER, base and top coat are both necessary. I tried it once with only a top coat and it chipped off within a week or so because of all the glitter. I would highly recommend using OPI Chip Skip base coat which I reviewed here. But any quality base coat will work. Applying a top coat allows you to have the gorgeous glitter look without your nails feeling like... well, sand.

Tips for applying to receive the best results:
Buffer the nail, apply one even coat of OPI Chip Skip followed by 2-3 coats of OPI Sand. Top it off with a smooth THICK layer of OPI Top Coat or OPI Rapid Dry top coat (reviewed here). (Remember, allowing 5-10 minutes drying time between coats will prevent chipping and smudging.)

No comments:

Post a Comment